"If we hope to create a non-violent world where respect and kindness replace fear and hatred, we must begin with how we treat each other at the begining of life. For that is where our deepest patterns are set. From these roots grow fear and alienation or love and trust."
Suzanne Arms

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Banana Bread

(no pictures this time. I need a new battery charger)

I know there are lots of Banana Bread recipes out there. I have 1 or 2 that I usually make but the other day I thought I would try my Zucchini Bread recipe (because I love it so) and just make it banana instead. It turned out really well, VERY moist. Of course I didn't make it identical, I didn't make it chocolate or add chocolate chips (though you can if you want) and it has a really nice brown sugar/cinnamon crunch in the middle!! Oh and I like to add walnuts! But the bulk of the recipe was the same.

So here it is . . .
Ingredients

  • 1 8oz package of cream cheese
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 Tbsp Vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 6-8 bananas (I used 7)
  • 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flower (I use pastry)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cups (or less) of sugar
  • a hand full (or 2) of chopped walnuts
For the crunchy middle
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl beat softened cream cheese and butter.
Add sugar and beat till fluffy (though with the type of sugar I use it doesn't get fluffy).
Add vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in mashed banana.
In a separate bowl add all other dry ingredients and mix well.
Add the dry bowl to the wet, mixing them together well. Stir in walnuts.

If you wanted to really make it like the zucchini bread you could also add the 1/2 cup of cocoa and chips. I have never tried it though.
Grease 2 loaf pans. Use only 1/2 of the batter, filling each only 1/2 way. Mix the Cinnamon/brown sugar together and
sprinkle over the top, then fill the rest of the way with the remaining batter.
Cooks on 350 for an hour!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails