"If we hope to create a non-violent world where respect and kindness replace fear and hatred, we must begin with how we treat each other at the begining of life. For that is where our deepest patterns are set. From these roots grow fear and alienation or love and trust."
Suzanne Arms

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How to fix those stained white baby clothes

So I was going through the baby clothes and I realized that after 5 babies that spit up a lot, I didn't really have any white onsies or t-shirts.  I LOVE those baby t's and the long sleeve shirts with newborns. White never stays white (those of you with kids KNOW this is a fact, LOL).  

Being the thrifty (downright cheap) person that I am, and refusing to just throw them away, I was thinking . . . what can I do with these things?  And this is what I came up with.

Dagyn 3 wks

4 weeks
4 weeks

It was SO easy and they turned out so well that I figured . . . why not do all the kids stained white T's (because we have plenty of them)

My crazy kids, Ever (4) Piper (8) holding Dagyn (4 wks) Arah (6) and Xian (10) holding a fussy Thrace (22mo)


I'll put up a instructions soon.  
I had to search around the internet for instructions and nothing I found fit the dye I was using so I had to experiment a bit.  But like I said, super easy!  I have been dying some prefolds too and had I known it was this easy I would have done it years ago (it has always been on my list of things to do that I never get around to).

1 comment:

  1. Those are fantastic. LOVE the picture of all the kids in their matching shirts. What a wonderful idea. I cannot wait to copy your idea. Thanks for sharing. The kids are gorgeous - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails