I have given birth to 7 babies, all completely naturally! I planned homebirths with all of them. My first was a homebirth transfer after 3 hours of pushing (due to complications that ventured outside of the midwife's comfort zone). I then went on to have a healing home/waterbirth and then 4 family (unassisted) births (3 in the water, 1 on land). My labors are not 'by the book', the last 4 flew in the face of what the books say labor should be (spaced out contractions the whole time). My labors are not short (well most of them). I have never pushed for less than an hour until my 7th baby . . . though some have been easier than others. I am not perfect, I struggle with my doubts and fears and not being ready. I rely heavily on God and my faith (in God, His design and birth). I go into this in my stories . . . though my unassisted birth stories are much more detailed and the more I do it the more I want to write down all my thoughts and feelings so I can remember them and share them with others.
- Xian's Homebirth Transfer in 2000 (I am working on moving this and adding pictures and some thoughts from now, years later)
- Piper's Healing Waterbirth in 2002 (I am working on moving this and adding pictures)
- Arah's Unassisted Waterbirth in 2004 (don't have pictures from this birth, though if/when I find the birth video I may be able to pull off some stills)
- Ever's Unassisted Waterbirth in 2007 (includes video stills from the birth, and some info about delayed cord cutting)
- Thrace's Unassisted Birth in 2009 (includes video stills from the birth)
- Dagyn's Unassisted Waterbirth in 2011 (includes video stills from the birth)
- Illyria's Unassisted Waterbirth in 2012 (with link to a birth video)
Needless to say . . . I have been truly blessed!