"If we hope to create a non-violent world where respect and kindness replace fear and hatred, we must begin with how we treat each other at the begining of life. For that is where our deepest patterns are set. From these roots grow fear and alienation or love and trust."
Suzanne Arms

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Illyria's Freebirth Video

The birth of Illyria Karmen Mason 11.14.12

This is my 7th natural birth, 5th unassisted birth and 2nd girl!  

For those who haven't read the birth story to go along with this video you can find it HERE

A bit of background for those who haven't read the story.  My body started pushing about 2 hrs before but I was tired so I found a position that made the contractions light enough that I could relax through them without pushing (usually they are so strong I don't have this option).  This was the 4th or 5th contraction after I changed positions and my body started really pushing.
 
The video starts when my friend happened to turn on the camera on the exact contraction where she was born.  My husband Charlie is doing the hip squeeze because I have horrible back pain when pushing.

Excuse the kids bed heads and the shaky video, it is just a little flip camera and my friend Sam was also taking pictures and wrangling kids! 



4 comments:

  1. Girl you have some TRUE GRIT....God is so very good...Congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for sharing, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing amazing!! oh gosh yes i know the horrible back pain! That's the same thing my hubby was doing at the same time, the hip squeeze! even with all of the pain, that is such a tiny cost to pay for something so amazing... I feel like so many women miss out on such a beautiful birth experience, and I wish there was a way to stop the normalization of all of that hospital intervention, but since that's all based on the dollar, they'll continue to charge and complicate such a normal natural thing :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails