"If we hope to create a non-violent world where respect and kindness replace fear and hatred, we must begin with how we treat each other at the begining of life. For that is where our deepest patterns are set. From these roots grow fear and alienation or love and trust."
Suzanne Arms

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgivings Past

I really wish I had time to post some of the fun things we do for the holidays. But as it goes, usually we spend so much time making stuff (and me cleaning up after) that I don't have any time left to post about it, and by the time I do (if I do) then the holiday is over.  So in my effort to be proactive (if you can call sharing less than a week before Thanksgiving 'proactive' ;0) I will share what we did Thanksgivings past. 

I made a Turkey Cake and Pilgrim hats that year.  If you are looking for a fun and yummy treat to make with the kids then the Pilgrim hats are really easy for the kids to help with, and they are yummy too.  If you want to impress, then the turkey cake is MUCH more time consuming and involved, but it is totally cool!!

I never did share what we did last year.  We made these little guys . . . 


I got this idea for these Turkey Cupcakes from the same place I get most of my ideas . . . The Family Fun website.  I kind of mixed 2 recipes together.  The kids did the faces and put the candy corn in the oreos to make the tail feathers.  My MIL and I did the rest.  They were not as easy as the Pilgrim hats, but definitely easier than the Turkey Cake.  The hardest part was getting the cookes to stick in the cupcakes.  I cut slits in the cupcakes to fit the cooikes in (and in some cases cut the cookies too) but I think using a toothpick or something to anchor them in would have probably worked better.

I have some really cute ideas for this year too but I don't want to share them in case family is reading (I have this thing about wanting to surprise everyone with cute yummy treats, LOL).  But if you are looking for ideas, the Family Fun website is a great place to start (not just good recipes but craft ideas etc.)

A couple of pix from last year . . . (note, all 8 of us are here, only Dagyn is in the belly)

The fam in 2010.  Arah, Xian, Me (Dagyn cooking) Ever, Piper, Thrace and Charlie

Me and my 4 sisters in order by age (starting left) Kim, Kristi, Me (24 wks pg), Kathi and Karla (12 wks pg with her first baby Olive).  Kim is now pregnant with her 6th baby, due in April!! 
Me and Charlie
 Happy Turkey Day everyone!!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails